Saturday, October 19, 2013

Chewing the gum




I get email from Suda, my friend from Thailand, as u know working here as au pair. When she get pregnant with Western person, she fly back to Thailand.
I tell u this before, if u r reading this blogging.

So I follw pregnant Suda, with belly like, how to say in English, hippopotamus, to the airport.
 Two police-men follow Suda, of coz they r asking to see papers if I have.

I chew gum. I look at them, and give papers.
They look and give back the papers.

Yes, I have the papers. 
I have some papers, the papers that make them happy. 
True or false, who cares?

I am here and am I ur favorite Ukrainian prostitute.

I see Suda in the airport is tired and afraid. Suda is very small and skinny, except for big belly, she is shaking with frightening.
I carry Suda in my arms. She start crying. I put Suda into my shirt pocket, and comfort Suda like small baby. I buy her food, i buy her chocolate for the trip, i buy her blanket and everything for the baby.

Suda, I say, everything will be allright. 
U will be famous and marry rich person in ur country and next yr, we r celebrating with u, small beautiful child and me, on beach in Thailand. 
We have the wine and the sunset. We laugh and small baby fall asleep in our arms.

We both know it is joke. It is like joking and therefore we start to cry.

Suda wave to me from gate.

Today I get email from Suda. 
She is now selling chewing gum in street, her baby is with her everyday.
She write baby is very beautiful, and her chewinggum has flavor of oranges and lime.
Next year, she will buy a bigger wagon, selling more of the chicle and the year after she will buy a restaurant. 
Then we both smile. Instead of crying.


No comments:

Post a Comment